Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh, Sweet Boy

Mr. Tucker is having quite the struggle with bedtime and separation anxiety. Enough so, that we have tried every technique imaginable and the only thing we have found to work is for one of us to sleep right next to his bed on an air mattress. In fact, I am laying on the air mattress right now while he snores the night away. He wakes up to twenty times a night and once he knows we are still here, he falls right back asleep. I feel so bad for him and I wish I knew how to make it all better for him. Sometimes he asks to hold my hand while he falls asleep. Part of me is annoyed at this because it certainly is not convenient to lay on air mattress. At 8pm. When you have a million things you need to do around the house. But, you know what? I am happy to do it. These days aren't going to last forever and someday I will be sad that he no longer needs me to be right next to him.

No comments: