Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Summer of the Big Boy

We kicked our summer off with saying goodbye to Mommy's Mulk. After a month and a half, he finally stopped asking for it. He is now very well adjusted and I can tell he has fond memories of nursing by the way he acts when I am nursing Chloe.




Up next, Tucker moved from a crib to a big boy bed! This was another rough transition that was resolved by the Big Mean Daddy Bear. Ryan is able to be much more stern with Tucker than I can, and Tucker takes him much more seriously. After three weeks, he is going to bed much easier...the only downfall is that sometimes he wakes up a 6am. Ouch.




The only step we have left is potty training. We attempted it this week but I just don't think he's quite ready. We will lay off of it for a month or two and try again.




Oh, and he also got a Big Boy haircut. I wanted to give him a Mohawk to showcase his auburn hair but Ryan insisted on a Flat Top. I lost the argument and he is now sporting a new short haircut that he really loves. He keeps saying, "I got haircut. Feels good!" For the first couple of days after getting it cut, he would run his hand up the back of his head to feel the short hairs. Here are the before/after pics:






1 comment:

Jill said...

Whoa, he looks like Aaron in that last picture!